Saturday, September 12, 2020

Why Vitamin D is REALLY IMPORTANT

Vitamin D3 is GREATLY undervalued in our culture that is severely deficient. Did you know that 40,000 IU of vitamin D is just equivalent to 1 milligram? (You can see a video with Dr. Eric Berg, talking about this, at the bottom of this post).


This next video below (another by Tom Coffee) is not about Baking soda or Lime juice, but I thought it was worth sharing during this COVID crisis, because he gives some EYE OPENING facts about Vitamin D.  

He learned that people with dark skin are less able to absorb Vitamin D3 from the sun, than people with fair skin. Wow.  I had no idea, and I am guessing that most people don't know this either, so please share this information with others if you think it could help them. I thought I am a huge fan of Vitamin D3, and have told SO many people about it, but I had never heard that before.




I've been taking about 10,000 Vitamin D3 for seasonal affective disorder and back pain for over 10 years (this stuff is a lifesaver for me). I took it on a whim, thinking maybe it would help with Seasonal Affective Disorder, but couldn't believe how much it helped my lower back pain).  I can't tell you what to do, or how much you should take, but I can tell you that I, personally, don't feel a change in my back stiffness unless I take at least 5,000 or 10,000 IU (2,000 just doesn't cut it for me, personally). The reason I went up to 10,000 IU is because I wanted to take the maximum amount that could be considered safe, and Dr. Andrew Weil says this on his page about Vitamin D3: 

"No adverse effects have been seen with supplemental vitamin D intakes up to 10,000 IU daily"

I know about HALF of the people in the US are Vitamin D3 deficient, but I guessed it was just because people don't go outside enough, or because they use sunscreen more often. I had no idea it could be related to your skin. If you watch the video, you will see why many health practitioners urge people to make sure they aren't D3 deficient, during this COVID crisis (also keep in mind, that what it says to take on the bottle is not necessarily what you, personally, should take). 

You may want to get your blood levels checked. You can read more about that, HERE.  Dr. Weil wrote an article about COVID-19 and D3 supplementation, HERE.


Vitamin D deficiency and co-morbidities in COVID-19 patients – A fatal relationship?



https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7276229/

1.2. Vitamin D and immune system


Vitamin D plays an essential role in the immune system []. Vitamin D interferes with the majority of the immune systems cells such as macrophages, B and T lymphocytes, neutrophils and dendritic cells, which express VDR (for details [] and Fig. 3). Cathelicidin, a peptide formed by vitamin D stimulated expression, has shown antimicrobial activity against bacteria, fungi and enveloped viruses, such as corona viruses [,]. Furthermore Vitamin D inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and increases the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines [].

3. Conclusion

An inadequate supply of vitamin D has a variety of skeletal and non-skeletal effects. There is ample evidence that various non-communicable diseases (hypertension, diabetes, CVD, metabolic syndrome) are associated with low vitamin D plasma levels. These comorbidities, together with the often concomitant vitamin D deficiency, increase the risk of severe COVID-19 events. Much more attention should be paid to the importance of vitamin D status for the development and course of the disease. Particularly in the methods used to control the pandemic (lockdown), the skin's natural vitamin D synthesis is reduced when people have few opportunities to be exposed to the sun. The short half-lives of the vitamin therefore make an increasing vitamin D deficiency more likely. Specific dietary advice, moderate supplementation or fortified foods can help prevent this deficiency. In the event of hospitalisation, the status should be urgently reviewed and, if possible, improved.


More recently, vitamin D has been shown to assist in lung maturation. The correlation between lung maturation and vitamin D is explained by the mechanism of phospholipid (surfactant) production and secretion on the surface of alveolar type II (ATII) cells [3].Sep 30, 2018


This is a pretty good article from USA Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/06/09/vitamin-d-and-covid-19-could-low-vitamin-d-levels-affect-coronavirus/5274331002/

Can vitamin D help with symptoms of COVID-19? Possibly, it's key to helping your immune system function

Research shows vitamin D helps prevent acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), a common killer in COVID-19 patients.

Updated 7:30 a.m. PDT June 11, 2020


Vitamin D, Immune System & SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) | Mechanism of Vit D Immune Regulation & Overview





UK doctors review use of vitamin D's effects on coronavirus










 


REVIEW ARTICLE
Year : 2020  |  Volume : 37  |  Issue : 5  |  Page : 421-424 

Respiratory infections: Role of Vitamin D and surfactant proteins A and D


Department of Pediatrics, JIPMER, Puducherry, India

Date of Submission12-Sep-2018
Date of Decision19-Apr-2019
Date of Acceptance03-May-2019
Date of Web Publication31-Aug-2020



Correspondence Address:
Dr. Niranjan Biswal
Department of Pediatrics, JIPMER, Puducherry - 605 006
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/lungindia.lungindia_369_18

Rights and Permissions
   Abstract 


Respiratory tract infection is the common viral infection and the principal cause of death among children under 5 years of age. It damages lung epithelium and increases mucus production and inflammation, leading to dyspnea. The sunshine vitamin (Vitamin D) and surfactant protein (SP) A and D along with their usual function play an important role in host defense. This article reviews with immune role of Vitamin D and SP A and D which aids excessive cytokines production, boosts phagocytosis, hinders inflammatory activity, and thus acts as a first-line defense against lung pathogens.

Keywords: Innate immunity, respiratory tract infection, surfactant protein, Vitamin D


How to cite this article:
Poorna R, Biswal N. Respiratory infections: Role of Vitamin D and surfactant proteins A and D. Lung India 2020;37:421-4

How to cite this URL:
Poorna R, Biswal N. Respiratory infections: Role of Vitamin D and surfactant proteins A and D. Lung India [serial online] 2020 [cited 2020 Dec 6];37:421-4. Available from: https://www.lungindia.com/text.asp?2020/37/5/421/293975




   Introduction Top


Respiratory tract infection (RTI) is the primary cause of death in children under 5 years of age. It is usually caused by various viruses; sometimes, <20% are caused by bacteria or both. Inhaled microbes damage the epithelial lining of the tract and increase the mucus production and inflammation, leading to breathing difficulty. It is the main reason for the financial burden on healthcare services and accounts for a huge proportion of daily consultations of physicians.[1]

Vitamin D and surfactant proteins (SPs) have recently been found to play an important role in preventing infections of the respiratory tract by increasing immunity. Therefore, it is necessary to enhance our current knowledge about the immunological functions of the Vitamin D and SP in the prevention of RTI. This review deals with the information on Vitamin D and SPs immune function.


   Vitamin D Top


Vitamin D is usually referred as “sunlight hormone” or “sunshine vitamin” as it is derived mainly from sunlight. It is a secosteroid hormone that is vital to homeostasis of calcium and a pluripotent hormone with vast immunological function. Vitamin D is the only micronutrient which is synthesized by the skin and utilized as a hormone. Skin exposed to ultraviolet-B spectrum coverts 7-dehydrocholesterol in subcutaneous fat to produce an inactive form of Vitamin D. This inactive form is hydroxylated in the liver to form 25(OH) D and converted into the active form 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D in the kidney.[2],[3],[4]

Synthesis of Vitamin D is affected by latitude, lack of sun exposure, season, use of sunscreen, indoor lifestyle, clothing, air pollution, low intake of calcium, intestinal malabsorption, deficiency of maternal Vitamin D, and obesity (Vitamin D is hidden in adipose tissue).[3],[5],[6]

Recent studies show that Vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency have a potential role in developing respiratory infection, and ample level of Vitamin D in the body is linked with better lung function. The prevalence of respiratory infection during the winter season is probably due to decrease Vitamin D production resource from sun exposure. Infants with low Vitamin D level in cord blood and low Vitamin D content in breast milk are more prone to developing respiratory infection.[7]

Immune function of Vitamin D in lungs

The antiricketic Vitamin D alongside with its role in skeletal health is now known for strengthening the immunity by increasing the production of natural antibodies.[8] The innate immunity will take action quickly against the entered pathogen according to the level of immune cells and proteins in the body. Vitamin D builds up the innate immune system by increasing the amount of good immune protein.[9],[10] It also operates as immune system modulator, averts excessive production of inflammatory cytokines, and boosts the macrophages activity. Vitamin D that is mediated by Vitamin D receptor (VDR) has wide range of effects on different cells of immune system and expresses innate defense against viruses and bacteria.[6],[7] Vitamin D and its receptor manipulate the three foremost immunity troupes of the lungs (airway epithelium, alveolar macrophages, and dendritic cells) in identifying the pathogen and encountering them.[4]

As mentioned earlier, the Vitamin D is converted to active form by two hydroxylation steps. The airway epithelium expresses high levels of 1α-hydroxylase which converts inactive Vitamin D to active form. The active form of Vitamin D kindles cathelicidin secretion and other peptides in the epithelial cell that guard against bacterial and viral infections. Thus, locally generated Vitamin D promotes innate immunity and controls inflammation and tissue damage in the respiratory tract.[4],[11],[12] It also promotes the adaptive immune response by initiating macrophages and triggering the cells responsible for antigen recognition, the T- and B-lymphocytes.[13] Alveolar macrophages generate active Vitamin D which plays a significant intracrine role in macrophage response to infection. The enzyme 1α-hydroxylase expressed by stimulation of macrophages has favorable effects on host defense.[4],[14] Vitamin D has been found to have direct effect on T- and B-cells. Both T- and B-lymphocytes express VDR and 1α-hydroxylase. Vitamin D helps in producing cytokine interleukin (IL)-10 which plays a major role in anti-inflammation and immunosuppressant. Monocyte-derived dendritic cells boost up the function of 1α-hydroxylase and metabolize Vitamin D originator to active Vitamin D. Dendritic cells initiate and regulate the adaptive immunity against the inhaled microbes by maturation. This maturation is exemplified by controlling antigen uptake and activation of inhabitant T-cells. Vitamin D generated by dendritic cells hinders cell differentiation and maturation and increases IL-10 secretion. The inhibition dendritic cell maturation and T-cell hyperresponsiveness had immunosuppressive actions.[4] The enzyme matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in the lung is concerned with the inflammation and cell movement. Vitamin D is found to lessen the level of circulating MMPs and thus reduces the lung inflammation.[15] Thus, locally generated Vitamin D in theairways and lungs will minimize the tissue damage and inflammation by clearing the microbes.[4]

Vitamin D and respiratory viruses

Inhaled respiratory viruses unite first to the nonspecific receptors such as glycolipids or glycoproteins on the respiratory epithelium and endocytosis occur which assists the virus for subsequent reproduction, transcription, and translation of new viruses to infect new cells. The infected cells are predicted by intracellular intrinsic pathogen recognition receptors in the lung epithelium and commence a brisk immune response against viral invasion.[16] At the same time, viral infection amplifies the activation of Vitamin D in the airway and boosts cathelicidin production in the form of LL-37. LL-37 disrupts viral membrane through electrostatic interactions and blocks the viral entry. Vitamin D also slows down proinflammatory cytokine release by macrophages and upregulates the antimicrobial peptides to exhibit antiviral activity.[17]


   Vitamin D Supplementation Top


Adequate Vitamin D level lessens the risk of lower RTI.[18] Hence, it is necessary to modify the dietary habits (including oily fish, cod liver oil, organ meats, and egg yolks), exposure to sunlight, and Vitamin D supplementation for overcoming the deficiency. The recommended dose for Vitamin D supplementation is 400–1000 IU for children <1 year and 600–1000 IU for children >1–18 years of age. It is available in the form of drops for infants and chewable tablets for children and adolescence.[19],[20]


   Pulmonary Surfactant Top


The surface tension between two media is decreased by a thin film of amphiphilic molecules are called surfactant or surface active agent. The surfactant present in the lung is called pulmonary surfactant which facilitates gas diffusion by reducing the surface tension at gaseous-aqueous interphase, maintains alveolar size, lung compliance, lung tissue elasticity, keeps alveolar dry, and also plays a host defense role.[21]

In humans, the pulmonary surfactant is discriminated between 24 and 34 weeks of gestation. It is a fusion of 70%–80% of phospholipids (dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine) and phosphatidylglycerol, 10% of proteins (SP A, SP B, SP C, and SP D), and 10% of neutral lipids (mainly cholesterol).[22] The different compounds of surfactant are synthesized by multivesicular bodies from endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi apparatus. The synthesized surfactant is transferred to prelamellar bodies and gathered to form lamellar bodies. The lamellar bodies endure exocytosis form alveolar type II cells to secrete the surfactant into extracellular matrix.[23]


Immune function of surfactant protein A and D in lungs

Among the four types SP A, B, C, and D, SP A and SP D are a huge glycosylated protein with hydrophilic property and they are the molecular factors of inherent host defense immune system.[21] These proteins contain collagen C-type lectin and belong to collectin family with carbohydrate-binding properties. They attach to the particular carbohydrates and lipid structure on the surface of pathogens (bacteria, virus, fungal, and protozoa) through calcium-dependent interaction and prevent them from penetrating the target cell. It also stimulates alveolar macrophages for opsonization of pathogens. These protein control inflammation and regulate the immune cell activity in lungs.[22] The SP A and SP D make the innate host defense by altering cytokine production, enhancing immune cell chemotaxis and function, and regulating cell proliferation and apoptosis.[24]

Surfactant protein A and D and respiratory viruses

SP A and SP D in the mucus layer and alveolar surface bind to glycoproteins such as G protein and F protein of respiratory viruses, assist in pathogen elimination by neutralization and clumping, and boost phagocytosis.[25] The G protein is accountable for viral attachment, and the F protein is responsible for infiltration of the virus into the host cells and spreading from cell to cell.[26] SP A binds with oligosaccharides through sialic acid deposits and C-type lectin of SP D binds with carbohydrate structure on the viruses, which inactivates and inhibits hemagglutination activity, thus preventing inflammation, and enhances viral clearance. The immunologic environment of both SP A and SP D aids in host defense and at the same time hinders the inflammatory activities that injury the lung and impair gas exchange.[27]


   Conclusion Top


Vitamin D and SP A and D other than their traditional functions also play a vital role in lung innate immunity. They act as a first-line defense against respiratory viruses, both individually and dependently. They optimize the lung function by improving viral clearance, inhibit inflammation, and boost phagocytosis along with the reverse defense mechanism in the respiratory tract [Figure 1].
Figure 1: Immune function of Vitamin D and surfactant protein A and D

Click here to view


Financial support and sponsorship

Nil.

Conflicts of interest

There are no conflicts of interest.



 
   References Top

1.
Bhasin SM, Budden EH, Ketkar AR, Pawar AP. Current trends in the treatment of upper respiratory tract infections in neonates, infants and children: A survey. Indian J Pharmacol 2002;34:62-3.  Back to cited text no. 1
  [Full text]  
2.
Kochupillai N. The physiology of Vitamin D: Current concepts. Indian J Med Res 2008;127:256-62.  Back to cited text no. 2
[PUBMED]  [Full text]  
3.
Finklea JD, Grossmann RE, Tangpricha V. Vitamin D and chronic lung disease: A review of molecular mechanisms and clinical studies. Adv Nutr 2011;2:244-53.  Back to cited text no. 3
    
4.
Hansdottir S, Monick MM. Vitamin D effects on lung immunity and respiratory diseases. Vitam Horm 2011;86:217-37.  Back to cited text no. 4
    
5.
Harinarayan CV, Joshi SR. Vitamin D status in India – Its implications and remedial measures. J Assoc Physicians India 2009;57:40-8.  Back to cited text no. 5
    
6.
Aranow C. Vitamin D and the immune system. J Investig Med 2011;59:881-6.  Back to cited text no. 6
    
7.
Leis KS, McNally JD, Montgomery MR, Sankaran K, Karunanayake C, Rosenberg AM. Vitamin D intake in young children with acute lower respiratory infection. Transl Pediatr 2012;1:6-14.  Back to cited text no. 7
    
8.
Charan J, Goyal JP, Saxena D, Yadav P. Vitamin D for prevention of respiratory tract infections: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Pharmacol Pharmacother 2012;3:300-3.  Back to cited text no. 8
[PUBMED]  [Full text]  
9.
Cannell JJ, Vieth R, Umhau JC, Holick MF, Grant WB, Madronich S, et al. Epidemic influenza and Vitamin D. Epidemiol Infect 2006;134:1129-40.  Back to cited text no. 9
    
10.
Mascitelli L, Grant WB, Goldstein MR. Obesity, influenza virus infection, and hypovitaminosis D. J Infect Dis 2012;206:1481-2.  Back to cited text no. 10
    
11.
Brockman-Schneider RA, Pickles RJ, Gern JE. Effects of Vitamin D on airway epithelial cell morphology and rhinovirus replication. PLoS One 2014;9:e86755.  Back to cited text no. 11
    
12.
Hansdottir S, Monick MM, Hinde SL, Lovan N, Look DC, Hunninghake GW. Respiratory epithelial cells convert inactive Vitamin D to its active form: Potential effects on host defense. J Immunol 2008;181:7090-9.  Back to cited text no. 12
    
13.
Bikle DD. Vitamin D metabolism, mechanism of action, and clinical applications. Chem Biol 2014;21:319-29.  Back to cited text no. 13
    
14.
Gerke AK, Pezzulo AA, Tang F, Cavanaugh JE, Bair TB, Phillips E, et al. Effects of Vitamin D supplementation on alveolar macrophage gene expression: Preliminary results of a randomized, controlled trial. Multidiscip Respir Med 2014;9:18.  Back to cited text no. 14
    
15.
Gilbert CR, Arum SM, Smith CM. Vitamin D deficiency and chronic lung disease. Can Respir J 2009;16:75-80.  Back to cited text no. 15
    
16.
Greiller CL, Martineau AR. Modulation of the immune response to respiratory viruses by vitamin D. Nutrients 2015;7:4240-70.  Back to cited text no. 16
    
17.
Hughes DA, Norton R. Vitamin D and respiratory health. Clin Exp Immunol 2009;158:20-5.  Back to cited text no. 17
    
18.
Martineau AR, Jolliffe DA, Hooper RL, Greenberg L, Aloia JF, Bergman P, et al. Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: Systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data. BMJ 2017;356:i6583.  Back to cited text no. 18
    
19.
Lee JY, So TY, Thackray J. A review on vitamin d deficiency treatment in pediatric patients. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 2013;18:277-91.  Back to cited text no. 19
    
20.
Casey CF, Slawson DC, Neal LR. VItamin D supplementation in infants, children, and adolescents. Am Fam Physician 2010;81:745-8.  Back to cited text no. 20
    
21.
Akella A, Deshpande SB. Pulmonary surfactants and their role in pathophysiology of lung disorders. Indian J Exp Biol 2013;51:5-22.  Back to cited text no. 21
    
22.
Nkadi PO, Merritt TA, Pillers DA. An overview of pulmonary surfactant in the neonate: Genetics, metabolism, and the role of surfactant in health and disease. Mol Genet Metab 2009;97:95-101.  Back to cited text no. 22
    
23.
Daniels CB, Orgeig S. Pulmonary surfactant: The key to the evolution of air breathing. News Physiol Sci 2003;18:151-7.  Back to cited text no. 23
    
24.
Lawson PR, Reid KB. The roles of surfactant proteins A and D in innate immunity. Immunol Rev 2000;173:66-78.  Back to cited text no. 24
    
25.
Han S, Mallampalli RK. The role of surfactant in lung disease and host defense against pulmonary infections. Ann Am Thorac Soc 2015;12:765-74.  Back to cited text no. 25
    
26.
LeVine AM, Elliott J, Whitsett JA, Srikiatkhachorn A, Crouch E, DeSilva N, et al. Surfactant protein-d enhances phagocytosis and pulmonary clearance of respiratory syncytial virus. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2004;31:193-9.  Back to cited text no. 26
    
27.
Pastva AM, Wright JR, Williams KL. Immunomodulatory roles of surfactant proteins A and D: Implications in lung disease. Proc Am Thorac Soc 2007;4:252-7.  Back to cited text no. 27
    









This vegan brand of Vitamin D3 has over 14,000 reviews and a 5-star average. In addition, there are over 60 people who mentioned the term COVID in their review.






From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2021
Thanks to taking this daily, my seasonal allergies have dramatically improved. I used to get allergy shots and take daily Zyrtec with D and now I don't need to do either. I also have not contracted the Flu or Covid-19 virus despite working around patients in the hospital. I have been tested many many times for Covid-19 and it has always come back negative. I use this Vitamin D along with an immune boosting supplement : Sambucol with Vit C and Zinc all winter long to keep viruses away. I highly recommend this product.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on September 23, 2020
BEST Vit I've purchased. These kept me on my feet during COVID-19, and I am happy to be writing this review for this awesome Vitamin company for their superb product. THANK YOU!!

I've been using it daily in the morning to give me the boost I need of said vitamin, since i'm a bit deficient. I feel healthier, much more alert, less tired and this vitamin gives me a great appetite as well. Once again, thanks!! I hope you guys keep making safe, all natural products.. It doesn't have to be the strongest, just consistently good and wholesome for all to consume and be healthier. amen
Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2020
I have been using this product for several years now. I am post-menopausal and saw my D3 levels drop in my bloodwork. I was therefore told by my internist that I need to supplement with vitamin D, and that in fact all adults over 40 years old are likely not manufacturing enough on their own given sun exposure on their skin, even though I live in sunny San Diego. I also realize that it has anti-inflammatory properties and may be protective should one be infected with the novel corona virus. I recently double checked the strength of this process and was pleased to see it is in excess of 2000 IUs which is a conservative recommended dosage for anti-inflammation.
Reviewed in the United States on December 19, 2020
I started taking this product prophylactically with the COVID-19 pandemic at the recommendation of my physician who cited studies indicating positive outcomes for those testing positive while having above average levels of vitamin D. He recommended this combination so I've been taking for 8-9 months and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on December 14, 2020
Added a Vitamin D as part of a supplements routine to boost my system in protecting me against COVID-19. Vitamin D is not a direct preventative, but it is being recommended to reduce the severity of the infection should I get it. The addition of K2 helps with absorption. And I like the use of coconut oil. That is also good for you to ward off common cold viruses. They are small gel-like pills and swallow easily. I will always keep a bottle available.
Reviewed in the United States on September 22, 2020
I have been using your D3 product for more than a year now after I found out my levels were so low they couldn't even measure them. After taking them, I had much more energy and less pain in my daily movements. Now with covid-19 and being inside so much, I find it even more helpful. Great product.
Reviewed in the United States on November 14, 2020
Tried this because it is vegan and also has the k2.
Switched from the vitamin D spray I used the past 4 years and the difference in how I feel now is remarkable! I think it is better absorbed by my body because of the coconut oil and just the overall quality of this product . Started my husband on it too due to the supporting research regarding Covid. Definitely buying again!
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2020
Very easy to swallow. Excellent taste owing to the coconut oil. Feels more energetic after using. Excellent product. Easy to swallow. My wife and I used it and we feel way more energetic than usual. I strongly recommend it particularly during the COVID-19 situation in order to support the immune system.
Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2020
WIth Covid, I've found myself indoors more and my vitamin d levels have dropped. My doctor recommended a supplement and this one was great! My levels are up, as well as my energy!
Reviewed in the United States on August 7, 2020
I really like the small size, these are so easy to swallow. I'm taking these because from what I've read, vitamin D3 really helps fight Covid, and roughly 70% of Americans are deficient.

From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on March 27, 2020
I use it daily for immune and joint support. I take these to stay health with all the COVID issues and flu season right around the corner, so far so good still healthy and illness free.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on May 16, 2020
This product was recommended to me to increase my immune system during the COVID 19 pandemic. My D3 level has historically been low and this product is improving that...I am grateful
Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2020
Have purchased this 4x & feel it has strengthened my immune system (hopefully against COVID) and improved my mood (only mildly hostile now) 🙂
Reviewed in the United States on April 5, 2020
I was suppose to get this product in two days, and I received it the next day, so that was great for starters. I got this product for my son and I bc he is deficient in vitamin D and with the covid 19 going around I wanted to boost our immune system. It is also great that this product contains K2 for better absorption noticed after a few days of taking it that my nails weren't as brittle and breaking they were getting stronger and growing, love it. So it is definetly working.
Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2020
Amidst all of the Covid-19 worries, I decided to take a step towards better health and start supplementing Vitamin D3. After scouring several health sites, I found that it is recommended to also take Vitamin K2 along with Vitamin D3, Thats where this comes in. One of the higher rated products for Vitamin D3 along with K2 so I decided I'd give it a shot, And it was well worth it.
Reviewed in the United States on October 20, 2020
Taking Vitamin K2 + D3 as extra protection against Covid as well as for healthy teeth and bones. Easy to swallow - I like the small pills.
Reviewed in the United States on August 27, 2020
I'm liking the combination of the D3+K2 to assist with assimilation. Taking 2/day for 10,000 iu daily. Looking to bump up my Vit. D score to improve immunity during Covid.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on October 7, 2020
Great Product! K2 activates D. Vitamin D recommended to help build your immune system to fight against Covid-19. Add Zinc and Elderberry
Reviewed in the United States on July 29, 2020
I'm very please with this prep of D3 and K2. I finally got my SO to start taking it daily to help him protect himself from COVID-19.
Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2020
Been taking these Vitamins for over a year and my D levels have returned to normal! Being extra vigilant during this scary time of COVID-19.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse

From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2020
I have been using it everyday, it seems to be the only vitamin d that actually works. A doctor friend recommended vitamin d during covid and I already knew which one to order. I love this company all their products are legit and have been excellent to deal with
Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2020
The K2 D3 formulation in coconut oil is a good product to insure your D levels. With COVID and winter months ahead of us, it’s even more important to get the supplements everyday, Thanks Sports Research for a quality affordable product.
Reviewed in the United States on September 19, 2020
Using it to protect from covid. I like that it's made from coconut oil for easy absorption of vitamin d.
Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2020
I started taking this product to keep my immune system up during the Covid pandemic, but I plan to take it ongoing. It is a great product; much better than other brands I have taken.
Reviewed in the United States on August 10, 2020
I just started taking it, but I heard that the K2 and D3 helps fight the chance of getting Covid.
Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2020
Vitamin D3 was recommended by my oncologist. This formulation with vitamin k is the best. Great Covid 19 defense.
Reviewed in the United States on November 30, 2020
I've been taking the K2+D3 for about a nine months now. Since COVID-19 has kept me indoors this 2-in-1 formula has been a lifesaver for me. Now that the winter months are approaching it will be even more beneficial. I am more than satisfied with this product.
Reviewed in the United States on July 13, 2020
This can be difficult to do during the current shelter-in-place conditions created by the COVID-19 pandemic. Taking vitamin D3 in conjunction with vitamin K2 is also important. Your project is perfect. I am very grateful. Thank you.
Reviewed in the United States on July 6, 2020
I have used this product for years. In today's climate, vitamin D3 is critical to help prevent the COVID-19 virus. Vitamin K is a bonus! I am more than pleased with the product quality and the efficiency of expedient delivery. I am a customer for life!
Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2020
With covid, hard to get recommended dosage of vitamin d. But taking this product has improved overall health

From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on November 15, 2020
With covid roaming and vitamin d considered vital, I feel a little better consuming this product and keeping my health moving forward.
Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2020
Excellent supplement, especially in this time of indoor living with minimal outdoor activity. Especially with the Covid-!9 and the health benefits of this specific supplement.
Reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2020
My husband & I used this product to increase our resistance to the Covid 19 virus.. Our daughter recommended it to us. we are ordering more..
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on October 25, 2020
Small veggie softgel is so easy to swallow and take every day. Love that it's combined with K2. This is part of our daily routine, especially since covid.
Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2020
I've read that it helps strengthen the cells against covid. You can still get it but not as bad. True or not it makes me feel better taking it.
Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2020
easy way to take D3 supplementation which has been found to be a key help in preventing COVID complications
Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2020
It's freakin vitamin D! and K! Underatted nutrition especially in our current "situation". Thanks, SR!
Reviewed in the United States on May 4, 2020
I purchased for my family To increase D3 levels during the covid issue . I love the small size of the pills and how they are cut with coconut oil !
Reviewed in the United States on November 22, 2019
This is the perfect immune boost for our family during covid.
Reviewed in the United States on December 6, 2020
Reliable D3 with K2 product; both ingredients essential for covid resistance

From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on April 25, 2020
We have felt stronger and healthier since we began taking this! Has kept us healthy and feeling during Covid-19
Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2020
I have been taking this for strong bones . Since COVID , I have my husband on it as well for the vit D effect of boosting the immune system. We have both stayed healthy and avoided COVID so far. Thank you .I like that the capsules are small and easy to swallow. I have us on some other supplements that are very big and hard to swallow.
Reviewed in the United States on November 15, 2020
I've been taking the K2+D3 vitamin for about one month.Diagnosed with low vitamin D level and I do not know how much this will raise my levels yet. I think this product is most important supplement during Covid-19.
Reviewed in the United States on August 11, 2020
I bought this based on the need for K2 vitamin during this COVID pandemic.

Vitamin D3 is important because COVID impact lung.

Research for lung from latest Regeneron Antibodies Phase 3 trials for COVID show the need for vitamin D3 in lung.

I got high blood pressure to 212/120 for day 5 to day 7 July 16 to July 18 because I sat in my car alone and virus in the air trapped in my car.

after one month using supplement Forskolin my high blood pressure normal now

so I need K2 vitamin and D3 to prevent lung infection

During COVID I have no other symptom besides lung high blood pressure
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2020
good product , high potency , i was looking for a product with vegan D3 and Vitamin k2 , my immunity is feeling better in just 3 days

update June 2020
using it for a vitamin D supplement , as it has Vitamin K blended it improves absorption.the supplement keeps me energized all day and my immunity high against flu/covid etc
2 people found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2020
I like that this product is made from good quality ingredients. It's very small and easy to swallow. No foul taste like some vitamins have. I've purchased several bottles now. I didn't get my levels tested before or even recently due to the Covid epidemic so can't attest to the efficacy of it though. I will continue to take it every day though since I don't always get a good amount of sunshine.
Reviewed in the United States on December 8, 2020
I like the vitamin D3 with K2 because they work in balance with each other to distribute the D correctly. I trust Sports Research because they use pure ingredients. Everyone needs D for health, especially against COVID-19.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on June 23, 2020
Excellent product, I have been taking this product for a few years as part of my daily vitamin regimen...since COVID, I have increased the dosage to 10000 IU/day. MY grandmother has recently begun to take 5000IU dose and her MD has attributed it to improving her BP. She is able to swallow the pills easily unlike her other two meds which are crushed.
Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2020
Vitamin K2 + D3 is extra protection against Covid as well as for healthy teeth and bones. They are easy to swallow with no aftertaste. Quality product.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on October 29, 2020
Just ordered my second bottle. With all this Covid/quarantine/social distance going on I wasn't getting out as often and wanted to make sure my vitamin D levels didn't suffer too much. Haven't had any bloodwork done so I can't list and blood levels but I haven't had any side effects and it seems to be working well.
Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2020
My wife and I began taking it because vitamin D is important, but with COVID, a healthy immune system is even more important! We both feel great and our hair is growing strong and healthy! This is a much better product with a higher dose than other providers offer. I'm all about it.
Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2020
I started taking K2+D3 in April after having the combination recommended to me by a nutritionist. She suggested that it would help build up my immune system to help protect it from Covid-19. I feel like it's certainly made a difference.
Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2020
I take this every day and it gives me energy and makes me feel better throughout the day. With the COVID-19 happening and it being hot where I am, I do not get out much so it is important for me to get my vitamin D.
Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2020
Excellent product for shift workers concerned with lack of sun exposure! I recently had my vitamin D levels checked after taking these for 2 months and my 25-OH Vit D level was at the 90th percentile. Must have for immunity support in the age of Covid.
Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2020
This is the best vit D around, the association with vit K makes it best absorbency by your body, and the coconut oil base just is a great flavor addition! Number 1 vit you should be taking in COVID times!
Reviewed in the United States on April 17, 2020
It is a great product mainly in this time due to all this Covid situation is god to have a great source of D Vitamin to enjoy our great Sun
Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2020
Staying indoors at the time of covid has caused a vitamin D deficiency, this is a very good product especially when combined with K2, is recommended as an anti aging supplement as
Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2020
With COVID going on, I wanted easy to take vitamins. These have become a favorite!
Reviewed in the United States on December 26, 2020
Low vitamin D3 has been shown to be common in the majority of COVID-19 cases. This is a good way to increase D3 levels safely.
Reviewed in the United States on May 22, 2020
This seems to be serving its purpose. And, I’m especially happy about consuming more vitamin D, due to the covid-19 virus still out there.. I’ll keep purchasing from this company & will recommend, too.

From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2020
Been using during COVID lock down to build immunity
Reviewed in the United States on May 6, 2020
After my household had a scare of the covid, we ordered this product and started taking it. Such a noticeable difference in how we felt and bouncing back from allergies as well
Reviewed in the United States on March 24, 2019
Doctors are saying that D3 is important as a defense against Covid-19. So I am taking it, and I recommend that everybody else do the same.








From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2020
FACT - if your Vitamin D level is LESS than 15 ng/ml, and you are hospitalised with COVID, you are 18 times more likely to die compared to someone whose level is 30 ng/ml or more! RESEARCH from INDONESIA
Get YOUR level checked.. mine was 17 ng/ml! Now it sits between 60 and 100 ng/ml which is OPTIMAL for good health. It has cured my Seasonal Depression. My Multiple Sclerosis is 100% under control with NO drugs. My PAIN is no longer crippling me.. consider taking a Magnesium supplement too!
21 people found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2020
I have used D3 at 30,000-50,000 IUs DAILY for over a dozen years to knock out chronic depression at the suggestion of a former Air Force psychiatrist. It works! Also I use it as a true and effective defense (along with megadoses of vit C and additional zinc supplements) against the man-made Covid-19 virus.
15 people found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on October 22, 2020
Thank you for making this available at the 50,000 iu once-weekly dose! A lifesaver during this time of Covid.
2 people found this helpful
Report abuse
Reviewed in the United States on September 28, 2020
Most doctors recommend that you take 50,000 units of Vitamin D daily to help protect against Covid 19.
Reviewed in the United States on July 21, 2020
Covid plus at this high a dose get Vit K2 - mk7 (costco has a great price)
Reviewed in the United States on December 25, 2020
Ideal potency for a take-one-per-week vitamin. Especially these days!









From the United States

Reviewed in the United States on October 23, 2020
I got this Vitamin D bottle in August. Just a day before getting this bottle, I took a Vitamin D blood test and I tested at 32 ng/ML. With the COVID times and the increased discussions around the new optimal levels of Vit D, I wanted to increase my levels to beyond 50 ng/ML. I started taking 5000iU of this Jarrow Vegan Vitamin D3 capsules for 1x a day. Completed this bottle (took 2 months at 1 capsule a day) and went yesterday for another Vitamin D test. My levels have gone from 32 ng/ML to 53 ng/ML in 2 months. I make sure that I take this Vitamin D3 capsule with breakfast that contains some fat (as Vitamin D is known to best absorb with food containing fat). Looks like the hype on the Jarrow brand is real and I am going to start trusting the Jarrow brand for supplements from here on.
2 people found this helpful
Report abuse





xxx



































   














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.