Some of the most important videos with some of the most valuable information have been banned from YouTube. So, where else can you go for information? You can see some of the other video hosting sites in the short list below. They may not have as much money as YouTube, but they host a LOT of videos that are extremely informative, and have been blocked or censored by YouTube.
PLEASE NOTE that if you identified as a democrat or liberal for most of your life, you may find some of the videos off-putting. There's a lot of right wing media on these sites, but I don't let it bother me. You will find many different viewpoints on YouTube as well. It's just that these sites, below, tend to host a lot of videos that aren't allowed by Youtube, or appreciated by them. I had to admit that, in seeing so many of those right-winged videos pop up, I did watch quite a few of them and, although I don't consider myself a republican or "right winger," I have become a lot less judgmental of their viewpoints.
When I want information that may not appear on Google, I go to www.DuckDuckGo.com. I heard they still do have some censorship, but they have WAY more information than Google will allow you to see.
BrandNewTube (now OneVSP.com)
Vimeo.com (the may not have as many censored/banned videos as the others)
The WayBack Machine (may work if you have the old URL of a video that's no longer available on YouTube)
If you ever find that an embedded video (or webpage) that is no longer available, you may be able to find it in the Wayback Machine's Archive. Just right click on the (no longer viewable) video (or website), and you should be able to get the old URL. Highlight and copy that URL, and then paste it into the search box on the Wayback Machine's website.
I will continue to add to this list as I find out about more websites.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.