Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Mother Nature likes to KEEP THINGS SIMPLE... for US

In my opinion, doctors and scientists are making this pandemic WAY TOO COMPLICATED.  I personally believe that ending this pandemic is no more complicated than putting out a fire as soon as you knock over a candle.  The problem is, we're being led to believe there's nothing we can do, to help ourselves, once we contract the virus. And it makes me mad.

Mother Nature designed our bodies EXQUISITELY.  Soooo much detail went into the human body, and the best part is that we don't have to THINK ABOUT almost any of it. Most of us don't have to think about going to sleep or waking up. We just do. We don't have to think about blinking our eyes or how to go to the bathroom. We can just FEEL IT. You don't have to program anything or install some kind of operting system, in order to get everything to work perfectly. Most of us were just born with everything intact. You don't have to tell your heart to beat, ask your kidneys to filter blood, ask your immune system to attack foreign invaders all day long, program your hand to more any of your body parts, or ask your liver to perform any one of its 500 different functions. It just DOES IT ALL FOR YOU. 

My friend Randy, a pro guitarist, told me that the biggest musician's secret is to practice the hell out of a song, and people will think you're a naturally gifted musician. It doesn't occur to most people that a shitload of work went into you NAILING that song.  I feel like that's how it is with our bodies. There are SO many things that work PERFECTLY, amazingly and exquisitely. But we're taught to take so much of our natural abilities for granted. 

I don't get it why we do this. It's like somehow, we spent way too much time watching all the tragedies on Little House on the Prairie and we are so keenly aware that there were so many things that could kill us back in the olden days. The bubonic plague, Scarlet fever, Polio. Things that just aren't an issue for us nowadays. Surely we must owe our very existence to modern day medicine. Look, I'm not saying it's not important, of course it is. But I just don't like seeing nature's hard work being demeaned. 

Mother nature went out of her way to make most things EXTREMELY EASY for us... but we live in a culture where it's become easy to think that something that never gets promoted, must not be any good.  And since there's NO MONEY to be made from promoting something natural and cheap, you just won't hear about it, and you'll have to do your own research and experimenting, to figure out what really works in a natural, effective way. 


I have to confess, I am that person who tends to make things way more complicated than most other people think they need to be. I love to analyze stuff, and try to make things faster, better, and more efficient.  

One hot summer day, I was chatting over the phone with my friend Joanna, and I was in the middle of trying to invent a faster, better way to get rid of a group of about 5 flies that were spinning in a circle in my living room. I was trying to make an attachment to my vacuum. I'll never forget Joanna cracking up, and saying, in her Boston accent, "Lora.... why don't you just use a fly swatter?" 

I had to laugh. Joanna knew I was the kind of person who just had to make way things way more complicated than the average person would! She was right, I could have used a flyswatter, but... a simple flyswatter just seemed so.... boring. And the one I had, just didn't work that well. So I wanted to make something better, but... I had to admit, in the time I'd spent working on that vacuum attachment, I probably could have killed 50 flies with a 50 cent flyswatter. 

The thing is, I always wanted to be an inventor. But over the years, I've come to realize that it's a waste of time for me to try to invent something, if someone has already done a FANTASTIC job inventing something that already works, to solve my problem, really quickly and efficiently (and if it's cheap... even better). 

Yeah, if their version sucks and mine would have been better, I'll keep working on my own project, but I have no problem with saying THANK YOU, and tipping my hat to anyone who's taken the time to invent and manufacture something that will save me a TON OF TIME (and / or money)!

Over 20 years ago, I had what I thought was a brilliant idea - to make a hair dryer stand. I went to Home Depot several times, and bought different types of hardware and supplies that I'd need, to make the thing. I envisioned it looking kind of like a gooseneck microphone stand, only about half the height.

Well, wouldn't you know it, about 6 months later, I saw my exact invention in a store! Someone had already come up with my idea! Yeah, I have to admit a part of me was disappointed, but I couldn't help being happy at the same time, because to be honest, I was way too busy to put something like that into production.  I wanted something I could use, NOW. Necessity was really the main reason I was trying to come up a hair dryer stand in the first place. Yeah, it would have been a nice ego boost to be able to show off my invention, or to get paid if I was able to sell them. But... how much money could I really make, by creating a hairdryer stand? Especially when it's pretty guaranteed that copycat models are going to be made. 

When it comes to a deadly virus, if there already is a way for us to combat it, quickly, effectively, easily and afforably, then it just seems silly for us to be waiting around for some complex new cure, when - from what I can see -  mother nature has already done an AWESOME job of coming up with EASY, EFFECTIVE stuff that could have brought us out of this pandemic back in March, or sooner.  

Mother Nature Did This First

The 2 active ingredients in Alka Seltzer are sodium bicarbonate and citric acid (that's what gives it the "fizz"). Those are the same active ingredients in baking soda and lime juice. 

Well, did you know that sodium bicarbonate is something that's produced by your own body? And so is citric acid.  A year ago, I would have guessed that those things were "invented" by Arm & Hammer and some chemical manufacturing company, but, nope! Mother nature already invented it... humans just learned how to replicate it.

I have to give it to scientists - they can be really good at dissecting and replicating the cheimcals and molecules that can be found in nature, and that IS super important. As an example, many surgeries cannot be performed without pharmaceutical grade sodium bicarbonate, because it is so critical for preventing acidosis. When Pfizer (the #1 manufacturer of the stuff) ran out in 2017, many surgeries had to be put on hold. 


Mother nature designed the human body SO WELL that we don't have to think about all the processes it's performing all day long, every single day. 

You didn't have to order any of these incredible body parts you were born with. They just came with the body you have. We all got a deluxe model, for free.  Maybe your parents had a few bills to pay, but the cost to YOU, for the use of your own body, has always been zero. True, there are maintenance and repair costs, but you didn't pay a dime for the operating model.  

And how did you get born in the first place?  Did your parents have to "place an order" for you, to arrive from the baby factory?  Did they have to "special order" all your separate parts that came in perfect working order? Nope! Chances are very good your parents took the natural route mother nature invented - the most brilliant motivation in the Universe, that was so much fun to do, they were probably gonna do it whether you were the result of it or not!     

You don't have to think about breathing. Your body just does it.
You don't have to set a timer to remind you to eat. You just know.
You don't have to program anything to get your liver to perform 500 functions per day, nor do you have to pay a monthly fee, to perform all these tasks for you. It just does it, for free.
You don't have to plug in a speaker to get your hearing to work. You can just... hear. 
You probably didn't need an HGTV to be able to see things in color. Your eyes just... see.
You don't need a dust mop to clean your lungs. They self-clean. 
You don't need to flip the switch on a garbage disposal, to get your body to process food, and nutrients, and separate what you need, from the waste. It's done for you. 
You don't need a reminder to know when you have to go to the bathroom. You just know. 
You don't need an operating system to get your brain to think and process. It's done automatically. 
You don't have to set an alarm to wake up on the weekends - you just... wake up.
You didn't have to pay to get a body that can produce 2 million new red blood cells per second... it just... happens.
You didn't have to pay for a liver that can perform over 500 different functions that you never even have to think about... it's just part of the package. 

Have you ever thought about how INSANELY GOOD your brain is at collecting, retrieving, processing, and projecting data?  There is NO operating system that will ever be invented, now or 100 generations from now, that could be half as efficient as what the human brain can already do. 

Picture your Dad's face. Now your Mom's. Now the house you grew up in. Now the school you went to. Now your best friend from childhood. Picture the color yellow. Now green. Now pink. Blue. Purple. Orange. Black. White. Silver. Gold. 

Now tell me... how in the world were you able to do that?  Did you have to set up some kind of movie projector in your brain, to play all of that stuff you were able to see in your own brain? No. All you had to do was think about it. THAT'S IT. You didn't have to program anything, nor did you have to wait for that data to load onto the screen in your brain. It was just... there. As soon as you thought about it. 

Have you ever thought about how many cells and processes are having to work together, in perfect harmony, in order for you to just lift one finger? When you get up and walk from one side of the room to the other, how many muscles and joints and ligaments and blood cells are you using, without having to think about it AT ALL? 


Never forget: "SIMPLE" often means STREAMLINED, PERFECTED, and EVOLVED

Somewhere along the line, it seems like humans have gotten the impression that the smarter-sounding, and more scientific sounding something is, then the smarter they must be, for understanding it. 

But honestly, it takes more work to make something simple, fast and easy. This blog is an example of that. I know my posts get too long and wordy for people, sometimes, but I just don't have the time to go back and edit and fix everything to make it super smooth. 

I enjoyed this article from Hubspot, that mentions how we humans like to keep things super simple and easy to understand!

"The study showed emails written at a third-grade reading level had the highest response rate. These emails performed 36% better in terms of open rate than those written at a college reading level and boasted a 17% higher response rate than emails composed at a high school reading level.

When mother nature made ALL species on the planet, she knew we wouldn't come with an operating manual, so she had to make our bodies a virtual NO BRAINER, to operate. Our bodies are so easy to operate, we don't even need a guide for dummies. Everything was just instinctive and intuitive. 

How awesome is that!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.