There's a lyric in a Destiny's Child called "Fancy" that I often think of, when I think of how Mother Nature's Remedies are constantly being downplayed, and declared to be downright ineffective and useless.
Lord knows that I've tried
No matter how much I give to you
You want to use me for what I've got
You take my Kindness for Weakness
You take advantage of people
One day you shall reap what you sow
Get your head out of the clouds
Destiny's Child - Fancy
A true expert not only looks at the current, most up-to-date scientific evidence, but also looks at history as a guide.
Expert opinion is and should be considered the lowest form of evidence.
That is what our job as a true expert is: to explain that to the general population.
Take any PhD in this room and they'll all tell you the same thing.
The more years they've spent studying a subject,
the more they realize they
spent studying a subject,
the more they realize they don't know,
the more questions you have,
because they more questions you have,
that's the sign of intelligence.
The epidemic of the "I Know All" expert | Mikhail (Doctor Mike) Varshavski | TEDxMonteCarlo
Mother Nature is always glorious and humble at the same time.
Sometimes I wonder if Mother nature just shakes her head at us. We're so full of greed.
A few years ago, a friend showed me a sign shown to the left, with this meme on it, and we had a good chuckle about it (to be fair, we know there are just as many memes that could be written about women).
I recently found this version of the sign on Etsy and decided to make a new version of it.
Mother nature is hard at work, ALL THE TIME, and for the most part, we never even have to think about it. Our bodies were perfectly created to be able to run practically on autopilot. Right now as you are reading this, your body is producing millions of new red blood cells. That's right. You're producing millions of blood cells every minute!
You don't have to set an alarm to remind yourself to eat, because your body has a built-in reminder mechanism. Same for going to the bathroom, waking up in the morning, knowing when to run if you're being chased, and a whole lot more.
But we tend to take all of the things nature has provided us, for granted, because we're just used to having all these luxury mechanisms, built into our bodies, 100% for FREE. We never had to put in a single request to "order" the bodies we have.
Can you imagine how much it would cost, if your body was something you actually had to order, at a dealership? You'd get a charged a fortune for every little thing. But there's a good chance you were just given every ability that your body has, for free.
So, it's hard not to see it as arrogance, when I see doctors that act as if modern medicine is actually more powerful than nature, and natural supplements couldn't possibly help a patient. SO NOT TRUE!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.